Well, there have been a lot of things going on since my last post. I have finally come to terms that my students behavior is not going to get any better if I keep doing what I have been doing. This is changing everyday.
A few things have happened since my last post and one of those was I was observed for the final time this year. This observation was moved back a couple of times because of the snow and cold weather. I was overly worried about this observation because the students had been acting like a caged animal that was just released. I was surprised that they were acting exceptional for their normal behavior. I did, however, have one student who decided to take it upon themselves to act out and be off task for most of the class period.
Whats going on in 7th Grade:
1. Students just finished up a short Microscope Unit
* Finally got to use the microscopes I wrote a grant for at the beginning of the year.
2. Students are currently in the middle of a Measurement Unit
* Trying to help out the math teacher and get this covered.
3. Going to start an Ecology Unit soon
* Hatching eggs with the Kindergartens
Whats going on in 8th Grade:
1. Finishing up the Reteach Unit on Plate Tectonics
* Feels like its taking for every and that is because all of the snow days
2. Going to have some guest soon
* Tech Coach is coming to visit on Monday to help teach Kids Blog
* I was asked if I would allow other teachers to come in to the room and see what I was doing with Google Drive and Kids Blog.
* I created an ITunes U course for the review day that consist of Google Forms, a Responder Scavenger Hunt and Create Your Own Assessment Blog
3. Going to start a Weather PBL soon
* Creating an ITunes U Course for the students to use during this unit
* Students are going to be blogging and creating a weather broadcast
So much going on.......